100 word challenge #5

Prompt: camera, beautiful, brown, hard, worried

I looked through my camera lens at the beautiful, brown horse. It’s hooves plodded through the snow leaving marks in the white carpet covering the landscape. My stomach churned. I bit  my lip. I knew I wasn’t meant to be here and the thought worried me. It was too hard to leave this beautiful creature alone though. I heard a creaking sound come from the barn behind me. I spun around to see the door wide open with nobody standing there. I crept forward slowly. I peered through the door. The room was empty. I felt a shiver down my spine. Suddenly the darkness engulfed me.

4 Comments on 100 word challenge #5

1. aaliyah2016
    April 10, 2017 at 9:53 am (7 months ago)

Juliet that was amazing the words you used were so deep and touching and the way you decribed her emotions, beautiful.

• juliet2014
      July 19, 2017 at 10:37 am (4 months ago)

Thank-you Aaliyah! (sorry this is a really late reply).

2. carah2014
    April 18, 2017 at 3:05 am (7 months ago)

Juliet this story had a great story line. Even with 100 words it made me want to read more and that is what a good story should be doing.100 words is around the size of a blurb and if that was the blurb i would have to read more. great job you remind me of Shirley when you right. you have a quite voice but when you right it can be as big as you want. The way you used the 5 words was entreating and magical. this story will be one worthy of creating into a whole story and not just 100 words. amazing work Juliet.
    carah

• juliet2014
      July 19, 2017 at 10:38 am (4 months ago)

Thanks Carah! (again, sorry for the late reply).